The school has a uniform, which is proudly worn by the children. All uniform items can be purchased from Price and Buckland online at www.pbuniform-online.co.uk/godmanchestercommunity
Our policy for school uniform is based on the notion that school uniform:
- Promotes a sense of pride in the school
- Provides a sense of community and belonging
- Is practical and smart
- Identifies the children with the school
- Creates peer equality in terms of appearance
- Is designed with Health & Safety in mind
Godmanchester Community Academy Uniform Requirements:
- School navy blue sweatshirt or cardigan
- School navy blue fleece
- Grey or black skirts, trousers or pinafores
- Grey or black knee length shorts
- Blue gingham dresses in the summer
- White or navy blue polo shirt
- Sensible plain black shoes – no trainers, high heels, boots or open toe sandals.
- Plain school coloured tights
- House Colour T-shirts
- Navy shorts
- Navy track suit bottoms and sweatshirt for outdoor PE
- Trainers for outdoor games (Laced or Velcro)
- Swimming trunks, not shorts for boys
- One piece swimming suit for girls
- Swimming cap must be worn for lessons
Jewellery & Makeup
On health and safety grounds we do not allow children to wear jewellery in our school. The exceptions to this rule are earring studs in pierced ears and a watch. Children must remove or cover these items during PE and games to prevent them from causing injury.
No makeup or nail varnish should be worn in school.
The school does not permit children to have extreme haircuts that could serve as a distraction to other children and are not in keeping with the ethos of the school. This includes patterns shaved into the hair, unnaturally dyed/streaked hair, excessive use of hair products and styles such as spikes, tufts and Mohican haircuts. The definition of an extreme hairstyle is at the discretion of the Executive Headteacher/ Head of School.
All uniform should be named. Lost property will now be collected, any named items will be returned to their owners, and any un-named items will be kept in containers under the archway to the Foundation playground/Year 5 and 6 entrance, accessible from the main playground. Lost property still unclaimed after each half term will be sold or donated.